April 24, 2008

Sample Paper with good ideas and organization

Ms. Kranzusch
Intermediate Comp.
Writing Prompt #7

Soaking up the Sun in Mexico

The sun shines brightly from a clear, blue sky, warming my skin as I bask in the sun. I am enjoying my vacation by lying on a pool chair at the BarcelĪŒ Maya resort. In the Riviera Maya of Mexico, it seems the sun is always shining. This makes for a very nice, relaxing vacation in a beautiful environment.

The resort is decorated with natural flora that thrives in the warm temperatures of Mexico. Palm trees stretch over pathways and provide shade on the beach. Gorgeous pink flowers brighten bushes in landscaped patterns throughout the resort. The wind blows freely through the stucco buildings, cooling the heat of the day just right.

A retreat from the heat, the pool sparkles from the corner of my eye. Its bright blue water beckons me for a dip. After I give in, a walk along the beach invites warm sand to creep between my toes. From my lounge chair the ocean waves crash melodically against the shore, lulling me to sleep.

When I awake, I am reminded of the warm sun against my skin as I lay by the pool. There’s no other place in the world I would rather be. The beautiful landscape, warm temperatures and relaxing environment are just what I need to soak up the sun in Mexico.

No comments: